Sunday, 5 March 2017

Review: The Scoundrel's Honor (Sinful Brides) - ARC


Author: Christi Caldwell
Original Title: The Scoundrel's Honor
Release Year: February 2017

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 2nd of Sinful Brides

Vote: 9





Adorable indeed.
I loved the novel, first of all because this type of storyline is probably my favourite (or anyway very high on the list), I have a weird fascination for historical gaming hells and especially the owners of them. It's Kleypas' "fault" I believe.


Honestly there's not much to say, except that it is a great reading; Caldwell is a masterful author, with perfect timings and able to shape passionate and complete characters.
I don't know her works that much but I'm sure that our friendship is going to be a solid one from now on. Next on the list is the first in the series, The Rogue's Wager

I can only find three "issues" with this novel, two of them of a very personal preference, therefore discardable.
1. I'm not a fan, at all, of forced marriage, especially if in the middle of the plot.
2. The ending, although extremely sweet, deviate a bit too much in the kingdom of fairy tales. Yes, I agree, it's idiotic to expect for an HR to be that realistic...nevertheless that's my preference.
3. The heroine, Penelope, who I like very much, is sometimes pictured way too mature in behaviour, than what her eighteen years old would expect.

Anyways, this is lovely. You should really read it.


Buona lettura!


M.E.G.






** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Montlake Romance in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity **

   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment