Friday, 24 February 2017

Review: Only A Duke Will Do (To Marry a Rogue) - ARC


Author: Tamara Gill
Original Title: Only A Duke Will Do
Release Year: February 2017

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 2nd of To Marry a Rogue

Vote: 8 1/2




I love second chances love stories.


The plot is great, very poignant. The evil friend who, deceiving the hero, who in turn is to be married to the heroine, whom he loves very much, manages to snatch him from her (I hope is clear enough), is a wonderful turning point in a romance. It makes everything that comes after quite sweetly suffered...which generally means also that the happy ending is much more powerful.
I'm all shivering for this type of love stories; if written by a masterful author they are always a winning.

Now. I adored that the hero is so much in love with the heroine and that he doesn't really hide it. I adored that there's a child. I adored that the evil friend/wife is actually evil. I adored the general craving.
I tried to identify the reason why I did not have the feelings I had while reading The Highwayman or The Duke Perfect Wife or Again the Magic (oh my good Lord) and I belive it is the passion. If that between the protagonists of Only a Duke will Do had been stronger, as a reader's perception, and not only as written words, I would have added this to my favourite HR shelf right away.

Nevertheless this is a must read so you really must.


Buona lettura!

M.E.G.






** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity **

   
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Only a Duke Will Do! Please consider leaving your lovely words on amazon for all readers to see. Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Tamara! Lovely novel. And yes, sure, I had already planned to post a review on amazon :)

      Delete