Tuesday, 28 February 2017

Review: A Lady's Code of Misconduct (Rules for the Reckless) - ARC


Author: Meredith Duran
Original Title: A Lady's Code of Misconduct
Release Year: February 2017

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Regency
Series: 5th of Rules of the Reckless

Vote: 8




The novel is lovely. I liked the villain and all the secrets attached, it was very stimulating, well pictured and the introduction in the plot of whom I think might be the hero of the next story in the series (I can't wait!) was very entertaining.



The hero here is very sweet for most of the story, I mean, at the beginning he is presented as that kind of character that is truly on the edge between a charming dark manly man and a jerk, however then, because of an accident, we see the most caring side of him, which always melts my heart. I'm all about a sweet hero in my HRs.
The heroine is also lovely, with strong principles, which I appreciate very much in a character. Sometimes a tad too dragging with the guilty feeling, but it is within natural behaviour, not too dramatised.

It is a romance worth reading, like all Meredith Duran's novels. I cannot say in all honesty that this is my favourite one, but nevertheless I would warmly suggest it.

Buona lettura!


M.E.G.





 
** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book courtesy of NetGalley and Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity


No comments:

Post a Comment