Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Review: Waiting for an Earl Like You (Masters of Seduction) - ARC


Author: Alexandra Hawinks
Original Title: Waiting for an Earl Like You
Release Year: January 2017

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: England, Victorian Era
Series: 3rd of Masters of Seduction


Vote: 8






Let's start with a short preamble. Marriages in the middle of the plot are a big turn off for me. Very big. I don't like that two people who share developing feelings are pushed in a forced marriage. As far as I'm concerned, it weakens the romance. I prefer the proposal to be a untangled decision and not a imposition, also and especially if there are already some feelings between the protagonists.
That said, here there was an attenuating aspect, the hero and heroine had been "friends" since they were very young. That, on the other hand, I like. 


With the above consideration made, now I can say that I liked the novel. The protagonists are quite entertaining and I truly enjoyed the relationship between them, but what I really found very sweet is the hero's true concealed feelings for the heroine. That was the jackpot. 

This was the first one I have read in the series so far and I must say I will probably go back to read the previous ones. Although I honestly cannot say that this was my favourite romance in 2016 I have also to admit that it's an enjoyable reading, especially if, unlike me, you like "forced" marriages in HRs.

Buona lettura!

M.E.G.





 ** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.

1 comment: