Friday, 2 December 2016

Review: The Danger of Desire (Sinful Suitors) - ARC


Author: Sabrina Jeffries
Original Title: The Danger of Desire
Release Year: November 2016
 
Literary Genre: Romance
Setting: England, Victorian era
Series: 3° of Sinful Suitors series


Vote: 9




I don't really have any specific complain in regards to this novel, I love Sabrina Jeffries' style, which I have said a billions of times. 
Her writing is as always entertaining and catching and the characters are great, I liked Warren before and I confirm my opinion now. Delia is charming too, I like strong willed heroine so everything was in the right place here.



But. There is a but here. I have to admit that, although I have been waiting to say this because a series cannot really be judged at its beginning, this Sinful Suitors does not have that strenght that the author's previous series have. And The Danger of Desire lacks that too, there is that chemistry and strong passion you feel in most of her novels protagonists.
What makes Sabrina Jeffries one of my favourite author is exactly that powerful mix of emotions that she can instill in the reader, she wrote most of the hisorical romances I read and reread, again and again, and in all honesty I cannot see that in this novel and in general in the series, or at least not as much as I expect from her.

That said I loved Warren in the final chapters of the story!  


Buona lettura!

M.E.G.




Sabrina Jeffires' bibliography







** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and Threshold (Pocket Books) in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity **


No comments:

Post a Comment