Tuesday, 1 November 2016

Review: The Legendary Lord (Playful Brides) - ARC


Author: Valerie Bowman
Original Title: The Legendary Lord
Release Year: November 2016

Literary Genre: Historical Romance
Setting: Scotland and England, Regency Era
Series: 6th of Playful Brides


Vote: 9




THIS NOVEL WILL BE RELEASED THE 1st of NOVEMBER 2016


I know that my relationship with Valerie Bowman previously has been quite fluctuating and somewhat "stressing" but she's certainly convinced me with this novel.



The story is very catching and fast paced, the protagonists are adorable, their relationship is of the sweetest sort; they are so obviously perfect for each other and the sentiment of longing between them is so heartwarming.

The author was very good with keeping the story simple but at the same time, very entertaining. I particularly liked the division of the plot in two parts, the first one in Scotland, at Christian's cottage, where they are carefree and cheerful, and the second in London society, where the reality struck. I also very much enjoyed the final turn of events.
This novel is a success and so far it is, no doubt, my favourite in the series.

I'm very curious to see what's in store for Hart and Meg. There's a lot of anticipation here!


Buona lettura!

M.E.G.





 ** I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book on courtesy of NetGalley and St. Martin's Press in exchange for an honest review, thank you for the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment